Biscayne Bay Clean-Up
Join us and the Museum of Graffiti for a shoreline clean-up of the Biscayne Bay like never before! Unlike a regular beach clean up, participants will save certain found objects to make into their own 3-D art piece that resembles sculptures found in the Museum’s latest exhibition, Symbiosis by artist Gustavo Oviedo.
Oviedo’s work draws inspiration from the Biscayne Bay and features several sculptures comprised of foreign articles found tangled in mangroves and corals. Oviedo has spent years collecting these discarded objects and making them into art.
Following the clean-up, Oviedo will lead a workshop on how to create new art with discovered “trash” while explaining the significance of this art form.
VolunteerCleanup.org will provide all supplies for volunteers including buckets, trash bags, pickers, hand sanitizer, sunscreen and a water cooler for water refills. Museum of Graffiti will provide all necessary art supplies. Community Service hours also provided.
Tickets are $30 per person includes the art class, free admission to the Museum of Graffiti until November 14th, and a donation to VolunteerCleanup.org to support their community programs
- Dress for the weather. A hat and sunglasses are recommended for sunny day.
- Wear closed-toed shoes as the shoreline is rocky and uneven in most area.
- Masks are required during the check-in process and at any time where you can not maintain social distance.
- The park is very large and we will be able to spread out, once you have your supplies and are on your way.
- An online waiver and parking instructions will be provided to registered volunteers a few days before the event.